STAR Literacy Coordinator (Part-time)
Are you an energetic people-person, who is passionate about adult learning and literacy? The St. Albert Further Education Association is looking for a co-ordinator for STAR Literacy, our adult literacy program. STAR Literacy is a non-profit program that has been helping adults in our community since 1990, providing free tutoring to adults who want to improve their reading, writing, numeracy and/or English Language skills.
- Develop and deliver adult literacy programs by
- recruiting and assessing potential learners
- Recruiting and training volunteer tutors
- Matching tutors and learners
- Represent STAR Literacy in the community of St. Albert, and at relevant working groups
- Apply for grants, as well as completing government forms to maintain charity status
- Related post-secondary certificate/degree or equivalent training
- Experience in recruiting and working with volunteers and adult learners
- Competency in organizational, interpersonal and written skills
- Ability to work creatively and independently
Position Status: Permanent part time, 20 hours/week during the K-12 school year
Salary: Starting at $23.00/hour, with an increase after a 6-month probationary period.
Please forward resume and cover letter via email to:
Michelle Steinhusen, Acting Chairperson
St Albert & District Further Education Association
Closing Date: Monday, June 5, 2017
Although we appreciate the interest in this position shown by all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.